Thursday, February 25, 2010

Week 3 update




To keep everyone updated our little Brynlee is almost 1 month old! Within the last couple of weeks it seems like she has done so much growing and had so many firsts!
I was finally able to let go and let her start sleeping in her crib rather than in her bassinet as close to my bed as possible. I was worried that I would be panicked the entire night and listen super intently to the monitor to hear any sign of a noise that she needed me to run in and hold her but to my surprise she slept great and so did I! She still wakes up every three hours but she has taken to sleeping on her own very well. She is also starting to get in her sleeping patterns and we can generally tell what times she will be wide awake and alert and what times she will be completely out.

Besides her future husband Koleson, she has another best friend...her binki. She acts like it is the end of the world if it falls out or she wakes up and it's not right there to sooth her. She will frequently shake her head from side to side as fast as she can to find it, which is pretty entertaining to watch until she gives us that look like "you jerks! Give me my bink!!".

Although her need for her bink gets old around 3 AM and sometimes makes it hard for us to determine if she is really hungry or if she just wants her bff, she does look pretty cute with it in her tiny little mouth. When her bink is not available she has resorted to finding her thumb, which is adorable! I have been warned that her sucking her thumb is a terrible habit,but I think her Grandma Marchant and I agree that it is so stinkin cute that I will allow it for now.

2 comments:

  1. hahah! oaklee is the same way STILL about the binky. it's going to be a chore to take it away soon:) kristin she is such a cutie! i love it. aren't girls so much fun????

    you are a wayyyyy cute mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is pretty stinkin cute sucking on that thumb! It sounds like you are enjoying every minute of her. I will have to see her sometime, I just need to make sure I get over all these sick bugs.

    ReplyDelete